Join our Team – An exciting opportunity for a Security Supervisor – London Region – based at Croydon
Are you an individual who can lead teams to deliver quality as the ‘norm’, has a passion for ensuring security is the No. 1 priority and has a proven track record of managing clients Key Performance Indicators and service levels ? If so, we want to hear from you.
We now have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference and join our team.
Previous Management experience in a corporate environment is essential and you must have experience working in high profile corporate buildings.
You will have a proven track record and previous experience of operational management and employee engagement & training.
What is the role?
Security Supervisor – Frontline SIA License required – no applications will be considered unless you hold a valid SIA License. All roles are subject vetting to a 5 year checkable history.
Where is it based?
In our London Region at one of our client’s Site’s in Croydon.
What is the Salary?
We offer £8.97 per hour.
Variable – 7 on 3 off, 7 on 4 off roster pattern. Average of 56 hours per week.
How to apply:
To apply for this role simply click on the “Apply” button below to complete our online application form or send your CV quoting Job Ref LON/SUP/001
Who are we?
Ward Security provides a security services solutions to all UK businesses. Security services include: CCTV security systems, property management, guard dog security, key holding services, security guard patrol services, response alarm systems and more.
With over 800 employees operating nationally we seek the best talent to uphold our vision to be the most trusted Security Partner in the UK.
Ward Security recruit, train and reward the very best staff, complemented by the latest technology and communications to ensure the highest levels of security and Client service.
Read about us @ www.ward-security.co.uk
What is the main purpose of the role?
Follow, review and lead compliance on Ward Security Limited Compliance Procedures for all Company Operating Procedures.
- Directly manage the supervision of security personnel, ensuring that the Companies obligations are adhered to at all times in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that all relevant information is collated and recorded for future reference.
- Liaise with all Security Officers ensuring that all information is made available in order for the operation of the Company to work in an effective manner.
- Ensure that staff and clients of the Company assist the Health & Safety Officer to ensure compliance with policies and regulations adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
- Participate in and ensure the continuation of specialist training to key members of staff within the remit of your authority.
- To provide regular foot patrols within defined areas as an effective deterrent in the protection of the client’s property and assets.
- To effectively control the access to the client’s premises, examining documentation to ascertain the authenticity and authority to gain access.
- Where provided to provide monitoring functions to CCTV and alarm functions. To be aware of the operation of those functions and to respond as required.
- When required to assist and escort visitors to their destinations within the clients complex.
- To submit detailed reports on discovery of issues relating to health and safety and crime to the relevant authority either verbally or in report form as required.
- In line with Company policy carry out routine search procedures in sensitive manner to include vehicles, buildings and persons.
- To effectively deal with all incidents falling within the security remit and to effectively report all incidents to the relevant authority.
- To provide a point of contact and information centre to staff and visitors.
- To maintain a log of all visitors, incidents and any other records that may be required by the client.
- To maintain the clients key safe to issue and record all movements of keys within the clients premises.
- To identify suspicious persons and actions and report such circumstances.
Any other duties that the Company may request from time to time that have not been included in the above.
What experience and skills do I need?
- A current SIA Frontline License is essential – applicants will not be considered if you do not hold a valid license.
- Proven track-record of at least 3 years in a previous Supervisory/Management role
- Excellent verbal and literacy skills for report writing
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels projecting a confident and professional manner.
- To be able to observe and accurately record incidents as they occur.
- Be able to prioritise workloads and be flexible in the approach to varied tasks.
Ward Security are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Ward Security is pleased to announce that it has become a Recognised Service Provider working alongside the Living Wage Foundation. The achievements means Ward Security and all its subsidiaries meet the standards set by Citizens UK and Centre for Civil Society for good practice by providers of personnel under contract.