Are you an individual who puts customer service at the heart of everything you do? Can you be our ambassador of the Ward Security brand of quality and excellence? If so, we want to hear from you.
We now have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference and join our team.
You will have a proven track record and previous experience of operational management and employee engagement & training.
What is the role?
We have 2 Receptionist vacancies – Frontline SIA License desirable. All roles are subject vetting to a 5 year checkable history.
Where is it based?
In our London Region (Central London) at our client’s Sites.
What is the Salary?
£10.50 per hour
Monday-Friday, Variable Hours
How to apply:
To apply for this role simply click on the “Apply” button below or complete our online application form which can be found at:
Apply on our webpage @ www.ward-security.co.uk/about-us/careers/
Who are we?
Ward Security provides a security services solutions to all UK businesses. Security services include: CCTV security systems, property management, guard dog security, key holding services, security guard patrol services, response alarm systems and more.
With over 800 employees operating nationally we seek the best talent to uphold our vision to be the most trusted Security Partner in the UK.
Ward Security recruit, train and reward the very best staff, complemented by the latest technology and communications to ensure the highest levels of security and Client service.
Read about us @ www.ward-security.co.uk
What is the main purpose of the role?
The role is responsible for coordinating deliveries, organising travel arrangements for staff, the first person to meet and greet members of the public and staff.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Meet and greet clients and members of the public entering the premises
- To effectively control the access to the client’s premises, examining documentation to ascertain the authenticity and authority to gain access.
- Answering internal and external phone calls, ensuring they are forwarded to the appropriate person
- When required to assist and escort visitors to their destinations within the clients complex.
- Book meeting rooms
- Arrange couriers for internal clients
- Where provided to provide monitoring functions to CCTV and alarm functions. To be aware of the operation of those functions and to respond as required.
- To submit detailed reports on discovery of issues relating to health and safety and crime to the relevant authority either verbally or in report form as required.
- To maintain a log of all visitors, incidents and any other records that may be required by the client.
- To maintain the clients key safe to issue and record all movements of keys within the clients premises.
- Successful candidates should be reliable and punctual, possessing:
What experience and skills do I need?
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- An analytical and methodical approach to problems
- Be able to act quickly and decisively
- Have a good eye for detail and attention to detail
- Ability to use your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Possess a Customer focused approach
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A “can do” attitude
- Essential that you hold an SIA Licence for security guarding or door supervision
- Applicants must hold a five year work or back to school checkable history
Ward Security are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Ward Security is pleased to announce that it has become a Recognised Service Provider working alongside the Living Wage Foundation. The achievements means Ward Security and all its subsidiaries meet the standards set by Citizens UK and Centre for Civil Society for good practice by providers of personnel under contract.
Please ensure that you upload a current CV on the Authorisation section of our online application