Our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy not only reflects this but provides a framework for the activities in which we participate in the community – as well as the responsibility we take towards the environment.
Local Community Schemes
We enjoy giving something back to the local community in many ways, including:
- Sponsorship of local sports teams
- Financial contributions to local causes
- Assisting with reduction of crime and antisocial behaviour in the local community
- Participation in education-business partnerships
- Work experience placements
Our Environmental Policy
We are always mindful of the potential for our activities, however innocuous, to impact on the environment. We are committed to take all reasonable measures to prevent or minimise this by recognising and respecting compliance with environmental legislation, and cooperating with the various enforcing agencies to achieve this objective. We operate an effective management system to facilitate these commitments, and account for environmental issues in our management decisions and actions in respect of prevention of pollution prevention and sustainability. Download our Environmental Policy here.
We have achieved BS EN ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems accreditation. We are fully committed to improving the environment and socio-economic growth, and aim to achieve sustainable development to safeguard the environment for future generations.
SMART Environmental Objectives
- To maintain regulatory compliance
- To reduce CO2 emissions by 5% year-on-year (in proportion to annual total vehicle fleet mileage)
- To maintain electricity energy usage to the average usage over the previous three years (in proportion to the number of head office staff employed)
- To maintain paper and printer toner usage to the average usage over the previous three years (in proportion to the number of head office staff employed)
- To ensure that there is no significant adverse environmental impact caused by dog foul
- To raise employee awareness of environmental care throughout the company
Environmental Initiatives and Monitoring Results 2015-16
- Company Fleet CO2 emissions reduced by 21%.
- The economy of the average miles per gallon of the entire fleet has increased by 8.2%
- Water consumption has decreased by 18%
- Electricity usage has decreased by 12.6%
- Paper usage has decreased by 20.8%
- These decreases were achieved with an 19.7% increase in headcount.
Environmental Initiatives and Monitoring Results 2014-15
- Company Fleet CO2 emissions reduced by 8.6%.
- The economy of the average miles per gallon of the entire fleet has increased by 5.5%
- The staff headcount increased 13.4% and two new offices have been opened (one running 24×7) yet only 9.2% increase in electricity consumption has been recorded
- Despite the 13.4% increase in headcount, paper consumption has dropped 8.1% including an annual saving of 58,000 sheets per year by replacing paper based reporting with an electronic system.
Environmental Initiatives and Monitoring Results 2013-14
- Company Fleet CO2 emissions reduced by 16%.
- The economy of the average miles per gallon of the entire fleet has increased by 7.5%
- The staff headcount increased 8% yet a 2.5% reduction in electricity consumption has been recorded
- Annual figures for electricity consumption showed reduction of 16%
- Despite the 8% increase in headcount, paper consumption has dropped 17.9%
Environmental Initiatives and Monitoring Results 2012-13
- In the past year, we have replaced 31.7% of our vehicle fleet with the new carbon efficient vehicles. That is on top of the 25% we replaced the year before, bringing the total to 56.7% of our fleet replaced with lower CO2 emitting vehicles.
- We have seen an increase in fuel efficiency with average fuel consumption going up from 40.6 miles per gallon in December 2012 to 47.2 miles per gallon in October 2013. (July: 47.7, August: 47.4, September: 47.6)
- The average amount of CO2 per vehicle has gone down from 3.96kg to 3.26kg, a reduction of 17.68%
- We recorded 0.1% increase in the first 3 quarters of 2013 compared to 2012. However, that shows a reduction of 13% compared with the same period in 2011.
- We have seen a 31.07% reduction of printed sheets in Quarter 3 of 2013 compared with Quarter 4 of 2012
Environmental Initiatives and Monitoring Results 2011-12
- We successfully met all of our targets set in 2011
- We replaced 25% of our vehicle fleet with new carbon efficient vehicles
- We replaced our old vehicle tracking software with Tom Tom Webfleet in December 2011. The new system not only tracks our vehicles in real time but also monitors driver behavior which is utilised in further training. As a result we saw an increase in fuel efficiency with mileage rates going up from 47.4 miles per gallon in January 2012 to 60 miles per gallon recorded in September 2012.
- In February 2012 we invested £70,000 in new environmentally friendly computers and servers
- We virtualised our physical servers using VMware technology that resulted in further reduction of our electrical consumption
- We recorded 9.7% reduction in the annual electrical consumption (Oct 11 to Sept 12) at the end of September 2012. Year-to-date calculations confirmed 13.1% reduction as compared to the same period the previous year
Please click here for our Quality Policy
Please click here for our Health & Safety Policy
For any queries, to report any issues or to request a copy of our environment policy please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Click here to download our company brochure